Monday 15 April 2013

Revlon colour stay Ultimate Suede lipstick review

Ciao Bella!


I am a big fan of Revlon cosmetics , whenever a new Revlon product launches i am always eager to try!

After much deliberation i  persuaded myself to try out a shade i wouldn't normally go for, and purchased a medium orange shade named 'designer'. I chose this after seeing how orange toned lipsticks complimented the skin tone olive/dark skin of others.

I tried this on the next day and teamed it with bonjour intense eye shadow in shade 02  (review coming soon!) ,a feline flick of eyeliner and my favourite mascara.  I was disappointed as the colour isn't as pigmented on my lips as it was when i swatched it on my hand.

After about an hour of wearing the suede lipstick it made my lips feeling dry and tacky and made them look like the lipstick was just 'sitting on top'- not attractive atal. I was disappointed deeply by this as i was excited to try out the new product and also a new shade. I've found that if i wear a lip balm before applying the colour stay lip balm, it does combat some of the dryness and the texture the lipstick leaves.


Pros: Staying power, Range of colors, Price is relatively reasonable

Cons: Leave lips feeling dry and tacky, doesn't look as orange as expected

Bottom line: Wouldn't recommend or purchase again due to the way it made my lips feel would opt for a different lipstick with a  similar shade.










Swatch in shade 'Designer'

What new colour have you braved to try?

Real technique have recently posted a spring trend for lips. Orange & citrus shade are set to take off this spring.   http://realtechniques.com/the-blog/2013/04/11/spring-lip-trend-citrus-lip-gloss/

Vogue xx

2 comments:

Becky Fearn said...

great colour and looks great on you!

beautyandtheb1.co.uk

B xxx

beautybylucilla. said...

Thank you , just a shame about it leaving my lips really dry.

Vogue xx

Post a Comment

 

Beauty by Lucilla Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger